There are many ways to desire a sports and wellness holidays and none is better than the others, but if you really want to listen to that little voice that constantly asks you to unwind and dedicate some time to yourself, there is no better action to take than deciding to plan your holistic holidays in Tuscany.
Our region will allow you to enjoy the natural beauty of the sea, countryside, medieval villages, and art cities while at the same time experiencing a unique and regenerating experience to find the balance between mind, body, and spirit.
What are holistic disciplines?
The word “holism” comes from the Greek term “holos,” meaning “whole” or “complete”. Therefore, holistic disciplines are a set of practices that consider the human being as an integrated system because each person is a unique individual and their health and well-being need to be addressed in a complete and personalized way.
"Why choose to have a holistic holidays in Tuscany?"
Choosing to take a holistic holiday does not put any limits on you, as there are many disciplines to choose from for an engaging journey based on individual harmonization, using techniques that promote physical, mental, and spiritual health.
Tuscany provides the perfect scenery for achieving 360° well-being. Beautiful beaches, pristine forests and lush pine forests, hills and countryside where peace and silence reign, well-organized accommodation facilities, thermal centres immersed in nature, teachers and masters ready to share their experiences for an active vacation devoted to centring and self-love.
Food is certainly not something to overlook when thinking about a Tuscany holiday focused on wellness. During many restaurants, taverns, and trattorias, you can taste typical dishes made with genuine, high-quality, organic and locally sourced products that will make the self-care journey even more enjoyable and fulfilling
What are the holistic disciplines to practice on holiday?
If you already practice a holistic discipline during the year and want to continue practising it during your holiday in Tuscany, or if you want to take advantage of your days off to start and discover which one is right for you, here are some of the activities you can try:
- Yoga, an ancient eastern discipline that involves physical postures (asanas), controlled breathing (pranayama), and meditation to achieve mental peace and physical well-being;
- Pilates, a practice that focuses on muscular balance and posture using specific equipment;
- Tai Chi, a Chinese martial art that combines fluid and relaxed movements with deep breathing;
- The Feldenkrais Method, a global somatic education system that uses movement to develop full self-awareness and improve one’s self-image;
- Ayurveda, an ancient Indian practice based on a holistic approach to traditional medicine, through massages, yoga, herbal remedies, purification therapies, and diet;
- Shiatsu, an eastern massage performed through pressure using palms, fingers, and knuckles of the hands, feet, knees, and elbows that intervenes on the energy of the recipient;
These are just some of the holistic disciplines that you can do or integrate with your sport during your next holidays in Tuscany. If you wish to do holistic tourism, you can discover Reiki, Acupuncture, Kinesiology, Osteopathy, Chinese and Thai massages, reflexology, rebirthing, and many others.